How to Make Chicken Stock - Chicken Stock Recipe


How to Make Chicken Stock - Chicken Stock Recipe


To get started, I am going to be using a little over three pounds of chicken. Normally when I make a chicken stock, I boil a whole chicken, but I had this in my freezer so I'm going to use it. It is four drum sticks and two bone-in chicken breasts. I'm also going to be using three carrots, some celery, one whole onion and one whole head of garlic. I also suggest you use a large pot. Here I have an eight quart stock pot. I'm just going to give all of my veggies a rough chop. I wanted to say that when you are using a whole onion. Skin and all. You want to make sure that it is clean. So this is fairly clean, but sometimes I get onions and they still have clumps of dirt on them. And if you do have onions that still have a lot of dirt on them. Just give them a good rinse. I also would like to mention that I had a celery stalk that was going bad, so I'm just going to use the whole thing. If you are making this, you don't need to add all of the celery. You could add like three to four sticks of celery. That'll work just fine. So all of my veggies are at the bottom of my stock pot. Now I am going to add all of the chicken. I would like to mention that when you are making a really good chicken stock. It's best to use chicken with the bone in. Now of you want to remove the skin before hand you can do that, but I don't find it very convenient. I do say that using bone in chicken works best for a good stock. Now I am going to add one tablespoon of salt. Next I am going to add whole black peppercorns. I'm adding around a teaspoon of this. Now if you don't have whole black peppercorns. Just add pepper, that works just as well. Now the last thing I am going to add is five and a half quarts of filtered water.Now all I'm going to do is bring this up to a low boil and then I am going to lower the heat and allow it to simmer for one hour. Now that everything is up to a low boil. I'm going to lower the heat and allow it to simmer slowly for an hour. And I also want to show you that during this process, I am going to start skimming any foam or scum that collects at the top. Okay, it has been one hour, so I am going to remove all of my chicken. Then I am going to remove all of the meat from the bones. Now you can most definitely wait until the chicken cools to handle it, but I actually want to use the bones to back into my stock pot. Okay so I have all of my chicken bones and back in to the stock pot they go. And then I am going to allow this to simmer for an additional one hour. Okay so my stock is ready and as you can see it has reduced. Which means there is a lot of concentrated flavor in this delicious chicken stock. Now all I am going to do is remove most of the large chunks of vegetables and then I am going to strain it. Here I have a smaller stock pot and a fine mesh strainer. And I am just going to ladle it through the strainer and when I get less in the pot I'll just dump it through the strainer. And you could just place a cheese cloth over the strainer to get a really fine strain but I don't mind if any bits pass through the strainer. But if you do want a more clear chicken stock with out any residue or anything you could add a cheese cloth to the strainer. Okay, so now I have my wonderful golden colored chicken stock. I'm going to wait until it comes to room temperature and then I am going to store it. Now to store the chicken stock you can use Ziploc bags but I like to use freezer safe containers. To make sure that your container is freezer safe, just look for some sort of indication. Whether it's a snowflake or actually says freezer safe. I just wanted to give you a small tip. When pouring liquid in to your freezer safe container, leave room. for when your liquid freezes and expands.





How to Make Chicken Stock - Chicken Stock Recipe How to Make Chicken Stock - Chicken Stock Recipe Reviewed by twins on يوليو 27, 2019 Rating: 5

ليست هناك تعليقات:

يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.